July 19th, 2016

Mercury is dangerous to us and animals.  This naturally occurring element can affect the nervous system of any animal with too much exposure.  Exposure to mercury during digestion is less hazardous to our bodies than inhalation of mercury gas.  People who inhale large amounts of mercury are susceptible to harm because the mercury absorbs in our lungs and begins attacking our nervous system.  Different animals can be extremely sensitive to ingestion of mercury. As a child of the 1970s, I remember the scramble of a classroom when a mercury thermometer broke in a classroom.  I remember the hype associate with Read More »